At Shepherdswell Academy we believe in giving our children the opportunity to develop their knowledge of the world in which they live, while encouraging them to reflect on the importance of global changes affecting this.
Our Geography Curriculum aims to:
• Help children to raise and answer questions about the natural and human worlds.
• Enables children to think critically about the impact human activity has.
• Spark curiosity about places and people.
• Promote knowledge and interest about diverse places and their differing natural geography, human environments and resources.
• Help children to become knowledgeable citizens, concerned about the future of the world, able to understand key geographical concepts, skills and awareness of the connections that exist between people and places